Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry Christmas from my home town thrifts (Status: Santa brought me chairs)

I'm in my home town for the holiday so, of course, I have to do a little thrifting on Christmas Eve.  Thrift store Santa brought me a Danish style lounge chair and an Eames shell chair knock off.  Thanks thrift store Santa!

The shell chair is from Krueger Metal Products; it is fiberglass not plastic and has the classic "X" base.  The underside of the base has some rust so I will dismount it and try the diet Pepsi and aluminum foil treatment, otherwise the chair is in great shape.  I love this robins egg blue.



I don't see a manufacturer anywhere on the Danish style lounger.  As you can see it's a little banged-up (well loved and much used might be nicer terms).


Judging from the covered seat board, the upholstery is in great shape because it's been recovered.  Hmmm, I must find some Fagis straps, give the whole thing a sanding and refinish the chair; okay, New Years project.

3 comments:

  1. Sadly all the thrifts in my hometown were closed today. :( You definitely scored! The aqua is my favorite color and I thankfully have two '50s fiberglass chairs in that shade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We tried to get over to the Fairview Hts. area and hit the Goodwill but got there just in time to see it close but I had a backup plan...drive across the street to the big Antique Mall...just to find it closed as well. No score for Mr. Modtomic. We went to Gordmans and shopped for last minute presents. We just had to do Some shopping!

    ReplyDelete