Sunday, December 18, 2011

Fifth and final orgy of birthday thrifting (Status: until next year)

This is it, I promise, the last week of birthday thrifting posts.  Sadly, the thrifting gods did not give me a big signature item for this year's birthday; oh well, here is a nice set of three stacking tables.

These came from a very small town near my home town.  They are not awesome but are in fantastic shape with very cool pencil legs (see them scampering in the lawn)

I'm not a fan of the formica top, and routinely pass on formica top surfboard tables and end tables, but something about these little tripod stacking tables tugged at my heart strings.  These tops will last for a million years.
From this point on all my posts will be from my run-of-the-mill thrift scavenging.

4 comments:

  1. We have this exact set in store now, although no one has picked up on the coolness factor as yet and we have priced really reasonably. Sometimes I thing things get buried and don't get the attention they deserve...I think they are really nice accent pieces and I would have picked up if the price was right..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, have this same set! They are great for company. No water rings. And they don't take up much room when not in actual use. A-Mod, I know what you mean about selling items like these. I just sold a couple smalls that I've had on my craigslist ads for AGES. I am of the opinion that we just have to wait for the right person to see them! They'll sell themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just happened across your blog this week after reading Mr Modtomic and have to say i was very jealously enjoying all of your thrift store finds thinking "there's never anything this cool at the thrif stores were I live"..and then i realize we live in the same city! Clearly I need to try harder. I've been collecting Blue Heaven for a while and never luck into pieces at the thrift stores...you scored some amazing stuff! I also realize after browsing your entire blog that we were at the same auction back in May that had all of the amazing mid-century furniture! I was witness to the bidding over the Thayer Coggin pieces you loved but wasn't a bidder. My favorite items were the arch lamp and barcelona chairs but those were out of my budget.
    I'll be looking forward to seeing your future posts. You've inspired me to be a little more persistant with my thrifting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @BrendaG51- welcome fellow Columbus dweller! Don't let my blog fool you, I come home empty handed and frustrated many, many days; still, there are some amazing things to be found here in the capital city.

    ReplyDelete