Thursday, May 5, 2011

GRAND OPENING!

For the grand opening, I thought a post about a grand opening would be appropriate.  A new Volunteers of America thrift store opened in Columbus, Thursday May 5 2011, and I was there to see what were the pickin's.
How's them pickin's!

  • Vintage chrome metal, not plastic, Sunbeam Mixmaster with original glass bowl
  • Russel Wright Iroquois Casual in chartreuse (4 coffee cups, 3 dinner plates, 4 saucers, 3 bread plates)
  • Small extendable desk lamp by Epic (more on this lil' cutie latter) 
  • Panasonic flip clock radio with real wood end panels and true brushed aluminum trim (not the plastic that you usually find)
  • 1980's globe (still has USSR so 1980's seems reasonable as a guess).
  • Late 40's early 1950's white Sunbeam Mixmaster with original bowls, ceramic juicer attachment and metal juicer spout.  The instruction booklet and recipe guide is copyrighted 1948.
I got the Danish Modern coffee table (Mersman) last week at another VOA, on the west side of the city; it has some scuffs and a few blemishes (a little paint, light scratches) but I think it will clean-up very nicely.  I'll do a post on the fix-up of this table latter.

I had my cart so filled that I was forced to precariously balance the chrome sunbeam atop the handlebars of the cart.  Once I lost the glass vessel to a blender this way (it fell off right at the cash register- SMASH) so I was careful to make a secure space for the glass bowl in the cart, even if the mixer could not fit. 

2 comments:

  1. That coffee table looks just like mine! Did you attempt to refinish it yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Amanda@Tall Glass of Water- Nope, I have not done the refin on this table. I have been working on two other tables (one long coffee and one small Danish teak gate leg) that seem to be coming out nicely so, I hope to work on this Mersman soon.

    ReplyDelete