Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Awesome two shade floor lamp (Status: found it a new home )

Just a couple of weeks prior to participating in the Michigan Modernism show, I picked up this really cool twin shade floor lamp at a new mid century store here in Columbus.
There is a newish Mid Century shop in Columbus, Tilo Tree Gallery, that specializes in ceramics (but not dishes).  They also carry a few other items, like this great floor lamp that I thought was pretty under valued.
The shades are raffia encased in crenellated fiberglass
The shaft and base are made of walnut
The only markings on the lamp was this sticker on the light socket; I can't find anything about "Sicotte" on the interwebs.  Could that be the manufacturer?
I really liked this lamp and I would have loved to keep it; with that in mind I also could use the sale.  I decided to mark this lamp at $350.00, so that if it sold I could console myself with a nice return.  On Sunday of the Michigan Modern show a guy walked up and didn't blink at the price.  I hope it has a nice home.

2 comments:

  1. That is really a fantastic lamp! I've never seen one like it before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's from a Montreal company:-
    https://www.arrondissement.com/montreal/lampessicottelampsltee

    ReplyDelete