Sunday, April 29, 2012

Over shadowed hometown thrift trip (Status: variety in the haul)

The week that the Picasso thing started blowin'-up, I went to my hometown to see my dad and I pulled in a small haul of choice goodies from the thrifts.
Actually those Apollo glasses were also a part of this haul but G.I. Joe and I thought that they deserved their own post.
Any-hoo,
These teardrop shaped green glass objects are actually salt and pepper shakers
 They are cunningly designed with a weighted base so that when they tip over they return to their original up-right position; Yup, they wobble but they don't fall down (just like Weebles)!
 Although they were made by Noritake, I can find but scant information on these or the Noritake Craft line.   I will try posting these on Modish and see what shakes loose.
 I picked this tiki mug up at the Salvation Army.  It is not very vintage (2004) but it is a discontinued design from Tiki Farm.
 As you can see, it was made by Tiki Farm, makers of fine tiki products (including a really nice little bar).  Their website is cool, you should check them out http://www.tikifarm.com/index.asp (not a paid endorsement)
I also picked up this nifty plate.  yes, I know, "How can you buy just a single plate"?  It feels like a swedish design, or maybe the Partridge Family
 The design is called "Persian" and is one of the nicer designs I have seen from Royal China.
Lastly, there is this Bopfish trivet.  Okay, it doesn't say "Bopfish"per-say, but it is a cool vintage fish.  It appears to be steel or aluminum with colored resin scales and sits on four short feet.


4 comments:

  1. The Noritake salt and pepper shakers are really cool. I've never seen them before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog. I’m a lifelong antiquer, and am making my passion for antiques a full-time business by selling antiques online. I’m blogging about my experiences at my brand-new blog, Wisdom Lane Antiques: wisdomlaneantiques.blogspot.com. Stop by!

    ReplyDelete