Thursday, July 19, 2012

Federal Glass Pom Pom glasses (Status: Mint in box!)

I'm surprised that I don't trip over mint boxed sets of Federal Glassware all of the time, considering the plant was here in Columbus.  
The Federal glass Company began as a hand blowing operation, here in Columbus Ohio, in 1900.  They introduced automation techniques in 1920 and were a leading producer of what is now called "depression glass".  The company remained in operation until 1979.
Lets open the box and gaze at the goodies with-in!  Ooooh, Ahhhhhh!
Hmmm, I wonder what the patter name may be?  Lets look at the rad sticker (it's kind-a googie).
Here are a couple of the S-518 Pom Pom glasses
Here is a closer look.  Looks more like a sun bursty type of pattern to me.
I'm guessing that there were made in the 1970's, based on the "smoked" glass.



1 comment: