Monday, December 2, 2013

Birthday orgy of thrifting 2014 post one (Status: There's more to come!)

I haven't been hitting the thrifts as heavily as in the past but it's that time of the year-Birthday orgy of thrifting time!  Due to the Thanksgiving holiday I have had to start the thrifting orgy in my hometown and surrounding area.  Take a look!
How about we start with the awesome green double breasted suit?  Sadly it does not fit me,the suit is a little too short, it appears to be a 42 short or a 40 regular.
I couldn't pass up a suit with this great iridescent fabric (not quite sharkskin)
I also found these hats...which obviously need a little cleaning and re-blocking
Okay, now we move to the top left.  How about the nifty ceiling fixture glass?
Speaking of glass, how about this set of eight glasses?  I have a brass glass caddy that will pair up nicely.
I don't usually pick up wood bowls unless they are Dansk, which these are not, but I was charmed by the bird design of this set.  Aren't they cute?
Found a Franciscan duet plate.  The plate has the same shape as used for Starburst.  obviously not as cool of a design, still nifty and mid mod but a bit more feminine.
There were four of these Russel Wright coffee cups but one had a chip
(Sorry for the blurry pic) I've been finding quite a number of these raffia ware tumblers lately
Everyone likes Taylor Smith Taylor Cathay pattern!  The sugar bowl and butter dish were "go alongs", they go along with several different green based designs.
Lastly, for this post, I found this sadly neglected Danish Pewter coffee set.  This sad set will need a lot of polishing.











No comments:

Post a Comment