Thursday, December 5, 2013

2013 birthday orgy of thrifting makes a Declaration (Status:yeah!)

To be clear, "Birthday orgy of thrifting" is a term that also includes Craigslist, antique malls/stores and other non-thrift stores.  I mention this because I spotted this set of five Drexel declaration side chairs on the Springfield Ohio Craigslist and they became a part of the epic haulage of BOT.

You may remember that back in July I found (for almost free) a Declaration table, two leaves, a pair of Captains chairs and one and only one side chair
Imagine my pleasure at finding a nice set of five side chairs (which were nowhere near free but still at a very good price)
Like most things I find in my traps, these suckers have a few bumps and bruises that will need Doctor Bopfish's patented refinishing



I will also have to do something about the upholstery, which is easy as pie, before they can be offered up at the Cincinnati modern show and/or the Detroit modern show



2 comments: